Studio Theatre, HKCCHong Kong Cultural Centre
The Trial 2021
Danny Yung’s Archive of Zuni’s Experimental Theatre Restructuring Images Series
“It was the first time I listened to the music of my choice interacting with various elements on stage. Then I have turned into a participant from an audience member.” Steve Hui (aka Nerve)
“Every time I worked with Danny Yung, it always ended up, surprisingly, like seeing myself through the mirror.” Benny Woo
Steve Hui (aka Nerve) and Benny Woo are Danny Yung’s long-term sound and video design partners. This year, they will re-construct Danny’s classic work, The Trial (1994) into The Trial 2021. With a huge gap of 27 years in between, since Steve first designed sound for Danny’s The Trial and Benny joined Zuni in the millennium to begin his creative journey, The Trial 2021 is an audio-visual manifesto made tribute not only to Danny, but, to the experimental spirits and practices in theatre-making that includes various processes of searching, reading, reacting, deconstructing, critiquing and trialing on sound and visual creations.
The Trial 2021 is the latest production of Danny Yung’s Archive of Zuni’s Experimental Theatre Restructuring Images Series. “Zuni Experimental Theatre Arts Archive: Danny Yung” collected and edited precious documents from Danny Yung’s experimental theatre productions from 1978; in the Restructuring Image Series, Zuni Icosahedron invites young or experienced artists of different art forms to recreate Danny Yung’s works.
|You currently do not have any seats selected.|
|Handling Fee -HKD|
|Total - HKD|
Back to Zuniseason Page
Artistic Director & Curator: Danny Yung
Creative Reconstructure/ Directors: Steve Hui (aka Nerve) on Music, Benny Woo on Visual
Live Performers: Liu Xiaoyi, Steve Hui
email@example.com / (852) 2566 9696 / WhatsApp at (852)6023 8688
Terms and Conditions
- Running time approximately 60 minutes with no intermission
- Children under 6 years old will not be admitted
- No latecomers will be admitted, until a suitable break in the performance.
- In line with disease prevention and control measures, and to ensure the safety of the public, audience and staff members, hygiene measures are enhanced at performance venues. Entrance guideline and special seat arrangement might adjust according to the latest situation, please pay attention to the latest update. We appologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Zuni Icosahedron reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary advertised programmes, and/or terminate the programme without prior notice.
You already have an order in progress. Would you like to cancel the previous order and start again, or would you prefer to return to the previous order instead?
It seems you already have an order in-progress. Please finish or cancel your existing order before starting a new order.
Cancelling previous order...